that’s discounting infant mortality, which even with a potential birthing care system in the immediate aftermath of the cure would still be sky-high. that number is just flat-out wrong.
I disagree? Seeing as we’re both using abstract numbers neither of have access to regarding a species that doesn’t exist under conditions we can’t replicate, there’s not much more to it than that, is there?
that’s also discounting the fact that before the krogan were ‘uplifted’, even before they nuked themselves to death, there’s no indication that they were experiencing extreme overpopulation the likes of which modern krogan and salarians seem to think they will.
There’s also no indication that they weren’t, or that all the nuking was keeping the population down instead.
Isn’t overpopulation and the resulting struggle for limited resources an obvious flashpoint for persistent, total war?
lebensraum assumes the land taken in the name of expansion already belongs to someone else. wrex and the krogan neither require nor ask for any such thing. despite the astronomical implausibility, within the game is a bigass galaxy with a lot of uncolonized/very minorly colonized worlds.
Wrex specifically refers to getting their old colonies back. You are assuming that the krogan will exercise restraint when there isn’t much evidence that they will, and Wrex’s statements don’t give nearly as much indication of it as you think they do.
Would it be a bad thing if they just settled uninhabited worlds? Naw. But more than enough influential characters, including Wrex, show pretty clear instincts towards revanchism.
in that case, it’s exactly what every other spacefaring race does.
Well, the humans do it, at a rate that most other species deem annoying and the Batarians are constantly threatening war over. Plus “everyone’s doing it” has never really been a good justification for belligerence.
and whatever mordin’s motives, he still acknowledges the hard fact that the genophage has contributed to krogan cultural death. the solution was inherently flawed, as is any zpg solution.
And removing the genophage entirely and replacing it with nothing aside from wide-eyed optimism isn’t inherently flawed?
151 Notes/ Hide
- fragit likes this
- midgetdragon7x likes this
- code-sumeragi likes this
- 2spooky4blue likes this
- missnuki reblogged this from high0castle
- work-skyrim-sex likes this
- masksarehot likes this
- machineofai reblogged this from turianfetish
- arquen likes this
- teammilkyway likes this
- thegreekweegee reblogged this from buildmorewalls
- thegreekweegee likes this
- stars-allshine reblogged this from anenglishview and added:
- phdfan reblogged this from ademska
- askmamashep likes this
- obliviates likes this
- poisonportrait likes this
- conradverner likes this
- matthew-hayes-096 likes this
- freyaplaysgames likes this
- ragtimeroastbeefyoweefy likes this
- martianspyder likes this
- dragonie likes this
- chocoknight likes this
- enchanteurvivienne likes this
- garrisonbabe likes this
- rayebug likes this
- dextronoms likes this
- buildmorewalls reblogged this from maaseffect
- buildmorewalls likes this
- tentoo-s likes this
- neonreverberations reblogged this from thefereldenturnip
- bex0rz likes this
- alraina likes this
- followthemu likes this
- tank-baby likes this
- amalieemarie likes this
- constablerickgrimes likes this
- korvusomnium reblogged this from sprocketdrox
- cleverwizard reblogged this from shepardtsoni
- alarei reblogged this from shepardtsoni
- shepardtsoni reblogged this from anenglishview
- charimahariel likes this
- justinrotella likes this
- faeriefountain likes this
- apostatesanonymous likes this
- brb-makingmischief likes this
- hellaradelaide likes this
- hellaradelaide reblogged this from cerseilannasster
- silvermittt likes this